CPRD has recently reviewed the processing demands of using the EXTRACT online tool to extract test events and/or measurement data e.g. HbA1c test results, blood pressure measurements from CPRD Aurum for cohort identification, in the absence of this functionality in the REFINE tool for CPRD Aurum.
While work is underway at CPRD to develop extraction capabilities similar to that of REFINE for use with CPRD Aurum, CPRD will support the extraction of test events and/or measurement data from CPRD Aurum Observation files for users. Please see the conditions below under which CPRD will support the extraction of test events and/or measurement data from CPRD Aurum, on behalf of users:
- Extracts will be supplied for cohort identification only and must be detailed in the ISAC approved protocol.
- All requests for extracts will be reviewed by the CPRD Observational Research team on a case-by-case basis.
- All requests for extracts must be accompanied by the relevant medical code list/s (medcodeid) saved as one or more text files ( .txt ) in tab delimited format.
- Extracts will be provided at no extra cost to users.
- CPRD will support users as outlined above effective 28 January 2020 until further notice.
All requests for extracts of test events and/or measurement data from CPRD Aurum should be communicated by email via CPRD Enquiries (email@example.com). The CPRD Research team will process requests within 10 working days of receiving a valid and complete request and data will be made available via CPRD’s secure data portal.
Please note that users should continue to use the EXTRACT or REFINE online tool to extract test events and/or measurement data from CPRD GOLD. Where these data are needed for cohort identification, CPRD recommends that the REFINE tool should be used for data extraction as this will often result in a more efficient extraction as it obviates the need to extract the entire clinical or additional record of a patient to obtain the relevant records.