Citation: Clinical Practice Research Datalink. (2023). CPRD GOLD Sample Dataset April 2023 (Version 2023.04.001) [Data set]. Clinical Practice Research Datalink. https://doi.org/10.48329/y7q8-gr42
The CPRD GOLD sample dataset is a medium-fidelity synthetic dataset that resembles the real world CPRD GOLD with respect to the data types, data values, data formats, data structure and table relationships. This synthetic dataset can be used for multiple purposes including:
- as a sample dataset to understand the structure and utility of the anonymised CPRD GOLD database
- to use as a data management teaching/training resource
- to develop/validate/test analytics tools for use with CPRD GOLD data
- to improve bespoke CPRD GOLD application interfaces/algorithms, e.g. a bespoke cohort selection tool, or
- to develop machine learning workflows that can be applied to anonymised CPRD GOLD data.
Further information and access details are available at: https://www.cprd.com/content/synthetic-data